The natural effects of aging can take a toll on how you look and feel. Over time, some may notice more active wrinkles, fine resting lines, thin lips, loss of facial volume, and photoaging of the skin. At Lighthouse Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, we help Houston patients regain a more youthful appearance through the use of dermal fillers.
Types of Dermal Fillers
There are five different types of dermal fillers that are typically used:
- Platelet-rich fibrin (PRF)
- Hyaluronic acid (naturally occurs in the body; results generally last 6-12 months)
- Calcium hydroxylapatite (naturally occurs in the body; results generally last up to 18 months)
- Poly-L-lactic acid (biocompatible material; results may last up to two years)
- Polymethylmethacrylate beads (biocompatible material; not absorbed by the body, so results are permanent)
These fillers can be strategically placed to decrease the appearance of wrinkles or creases, add additional volume and fullness, and potentially stimulate natural collagen production. Typically there is no downtime after treatment, so you can go about your normal activities.
Why Choose an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon for Dermal Fillers?
- Oral surgeons are very well trained to administer anesthesia, meaning that you can be sedated right in the office for the most comfortable experience. You do not have to worry about feeling or seeing any needles as treatment is completed to enhance your appearance.
- Oral surgeons have extensive knowledge regarding facial structure, aesthetics, and muscles, so they can help you achieve more natural-looking, balanced results.
Areas Commonly Treated With Dermal Fillers
Revitalize Your Appearance
Minimize the signs of aging and refresh your look while being comfortably sedated during treatment at Lighthouse Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Schedule your consultation today by calling us at (713) 790-1995.